Subscribe Now: Money Dearest

Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Fairy Coupon Godmother




You never know where you will find coupons- in the paper, online, on products in store.... and occasionally from a random stranger!

Today I was at Walgreens- I will post later in the week exactly how I did it, but I saved 90% so my total was 73cents out of pocket for 1/2 gallon of milk, the Sunday paper and 4  boxes of brownie mix. So the cashier immediately said " I hate people like you" jokingly of course, but it made me smile. I explained that it does take some time to get that kind of savings but to me it is worth it.

She then handed me an envelope full of coupons and told me I could look through them and take any that I want- of course I said YES! She had a coupon for $1 off Reach floss, 88 cents at Walmart so 12cents in overage for me, $5 off Similac forumal- $3.47 at Walamart so $1.53 in overage for me, and $3 off Purex which will make it Free-99cents with upcoming sales! I told her exactly where she could use the coupons but she had no need for them, so I was more than happy to take them off of her hands.

If you know someone who gets the Sunday Paper but does not use coupons you should ask them to save them for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment