Subscribe Now: Money Dearest

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shopping around for car parts



So, lets be honest... I know next to nothing about how to fix a car. Sad but true, someday I will learn how to do certain things, because you can save big bucks that way. For the time being I have to wing it.

A couple of weeks ago My Acura was at the dealer for an oil change and they let me know my battery was low and that it would cost about $130 for a new one installed. Ouch! I let them know I would take care of it and I left when my car was finished.

The first thing I did was call Sams Club, I am not a member but my dad is so I knew I could get it in there if the price was right. Not only was the price right, it blew Acura's out of the water. $60 with a 3 year warranty, installed!

Just goes to show that there are was to save huge, with not much effort at all.

*Also check Sams Club out if you need tires. My car uses high performance tires which are very expensive, but Sams club still knocked about half off of the dealership price.

No comments:

Post a Comment