Subscribe Now: Money Dearest

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Menu Planning

A great way to save money is by eating at home. I love going out to eat as much as the next person, but why not plan out your meals for the week, or even for the next day? This way you will be looking forward to the meal and be prepared to make it.

Many people plan a menu a week in advance, I can't do that because I never know when I will be home day to day work wise. so my plan is to think of the next days meal the night before. I have an on going list of things I would like to make so I always have ideas.

I am working 11 hours today but here is my menu plan anyways:

Breakfast: Coffee (its rare that I eat breakfast on work days)
Lunch: Left over pot roast and corn
Dinner: Home made potato skins (I use yukon gold potatoes they are so good!) And baby bok choy!
Dessert/snack: Lemon bars- amazing! Foodnetwork.com look up barefoot contessas ones!

* The picture is from disney in august, from the french cafe in epcot!

No comments:

Post a Comment