Subscribe Now: Money Dearest

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Can I afford it?



Can I afford it is a question that I think not a lot of us ask ourselves enough. The question is not do I have a high enough credit limit to cover the cost, or enough money in the bank today to cover the cost. The question is can I actually afford to spend this money, or does the money need to go towards bills or food shopping or better yet paying off debt?

The Can I afford it question does not and should not be limited to just big purchases. What about when going out to eat with friends should you go to the steakhouse or go somewhere cheaper or somewhere that you can use a coupon at. The question is which one can you afford not which one makes you look like you have money to blow whenever you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment