Subscribe Now: Money Dearest

Sunday, January 23, 2011

How to save on bills

Do you ever look at your cable bill and say ugh! Who doesn't really? It's part of the love-hate relationship with money, you love having cable and internet and a phone and the DVR of course! I'd die without my DVR ;) Did you know you can call and have them price match a competitor? It's true! A few months ago I call my cable company and told them that my cell phone company had a new internet plan that was $5 less a month than the cable company and it was faster too. They price matched for me and upgraded my internet connection to their fastest one-free. So I am now saving $60 a year.

The cable company was running a deal of 12months of DVR free with a new set up, I called and said I never got my DVR free and they gave me 6 months free, another savings of about $10 a month!

Also some cell phone companies offer discounts if you work for certain companies or if you are a AAA member, having AAA saves me 11% on my cell phone bill every month which is about $10!

No comments:

Post a Comment