Subscribe Now: Money Dearest

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A guide to budgeting: Saving for a want!

I was recently watching Suzie Orman talk about how people today spend money they do not have to the tune of 10s of thousands of dollars. And she wondered why? Why do people spend more money than they have. Her rule was basically if you don't have it, you don't spend it.

I have been trying to live by this rule. It is easy to see a pair of shoes or go out to dinner and charge it to the credit card without a second thought. But then what happens when the credit card bill comes in and you can not afford to pay it off?


Now suddenly you are stuck with credit card debt on something so silly as a meal out or a new outfit.

What is wrong with saving up for something? I would love 2 new tv's for my house, I feel like the only one without a flat screen sometimes. But I am ok with it, my two tv's are not old and they work just fine. So for now I can save up for 2 really nice tv's in the future and pay cash for them.

I think if you can set a goal of something you want, you can find a way to pay for it. That is what saving money is all about, and I am here to teach you simple ways to save money without any extra work

No comments:

Post a Comment