Subscribe Now: Money Dearest

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Not so extreme couponing...




My goal with this blog has always been to show you that you can save big without buying extreme amounts of things. Some people swear by stockpiles- I don't. I know that you can get products on sale as often as you run out of them.

I only get 1 news paper each week. I also print off coupons from the following sites:

Coupons.com

Smartsouce.com

CouponNetwork

RedPlum


With the new season of Extreme Couponing airing tonight I wanted to quickly let you know that you can save a lot of money without buying a large amount of items.

Another thing to understand is what "Coupon Matchups" are.


Basically it will look like this if it is for an internet coupon:

Hormel Canadian Bacon 7.5oz $1.48
Use the $1/1 coupon found here
Final cost $0.48


All you have to do is click on the link and print the coupon. Then you can go to Walmart and get the Hormel Bacon for only 48 cents.


If the coupon listed is for a coupon from the newspaper the matchup will look like this:

Morton Season-All 80z seasoning $0.96Use the $0.55/1 coupon found in the 9/25 SS
Final cost $0.41!

This means you can find the coupon for the Morton Seasoning in the September 25 Smart Source coupon insert. Then go to Walmart and pay only 41cents.


Everyone organizes their coupons differently. I like to keep my coupon inserts whole with the date on the front and then I know to grab the 9/25 SS and I can quickly find the coupon that I need.


If you need quick links for shopping here are the biggest stores I cover:

Walmart

Target

CVS

Walgreens

Rite Aid

Dollar General

Family Dollar

Price Chopper

Hannaford

Shop Rite

Stop&Shop

Acme

If you have a store that I do not cover- let me know and I will start posting their deals too!

No comments:

Post a Comment