Subscribe Now: Money Dearest

Friday, August 19, 2011

Some of my favorite travel tips...



I'm sure you know by now I am going to Disney World next week.


We are flying and staying in a hotel, so I figured I would share with you some of my very best traveling tips- I tend to travel a lot (8 flights last year! Ugh!)


When traveling with kids:
  • Pack Snacks- it will save you time, money and breakdowns!
  • Put each days outfit into a large zip-loc bags. This way they are easy to grab out of the suitcase and do not get mixed in with dirty clothes.
  • Always pack at least an extra day's worth of clothes in your carry-on. You never know when your bag will get lost.
  • Bring out the Leapsters and DS's- keep them quiet and relaxed

When traveling alone:
  • Again, always bring an extra set of clothes in your carry-on.
  • Talk to people around you, never know when you will make an unlikely friend or get a business contact.
  • See if there are any free upgrades to First or Business class- once I was offered a $50 upgrade to First class while traveling to Ireland alone- and I turned it down! On a side note, I did make a great friend sitting in coach on my lay over flight.
  • Bring snacks- This is a money saving blog after all, and airport food is insanely expensive.

You can also bring packs of oatmeal and ask for hot water to make your own oatmeal during a flight.



Always read reviews of hotels. People are always honest and, since they take time out of their lives to write the review, you know you will get the real story.




What are your best travel tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment