Subscribe Now: Money Dearest

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Disney tips and tricks.. I want to hear yours too!



I have been telling you for weeks now, how I am going to Disney... now that it is only a few days away I am as excited as ever! Granted I was just there last August, there is just something about Disney that I love and can not get enough of.

I have pulled rank with my family a few times, saying that I want to go to Disney on vacation- there have been other options, none of which seemed exciting enough to me to miss out on Disney!


My sister and I have gotten quite good at mastering the parks. We  do not have a "Clip Board of Fun" plan, instead we wing it. When we want to stop and eat, we do. When we want to ride one of the rides more than once, we do. If there is a 90minute wait( ha who am I kididng, we don't wait for more than 15minutes!) we come back later.


Last year in 7 hours we did all but 3 rides( those 3 we had no interest in) and a few rides more than once at Magic Kingdom. I think it is just because we have a laid back attitude about the whole thing. We do not want to waste time waiting in line.

So one of my best tips- if the line is more than 20minutes, don't join the line. Either grab a fast pass for later, or come back later!



When we are in Disney, we love to try new foods and places to eat. No I have never tried the Turkey Leg, or the Dole Whip- but now that I know what that is- I am all about it this time!


My very favorite place to eat is at the Cafe in France in Epcot- Ham on a French Roll and then a strawberry tart for dessert- simple but oh so perfect. Trust me there will be pictures.


Some places can be quite expensive- such as Portobello in Down Town Disney, but it is worth the cost. One of our bus drivers actually gave us a coupon for a free app with any dinner purchase there. I have been madly in love with roasted garlic since then. They give you a bulb of roasted garlic and some bread- again so simple and so perfect.


I know Florida can be hot- trust me I know, we go in August every year! 110degrees and HOT! You have to stay hydrated- that can quickly add up to $20+ a day. Or it can be free!

Yes free, if you go up to any service counter and ask for ice water they will give you a free cup of it. Usually a 16oz cup.

This year I got my sister and I CamelBak water bottles. Before we hit the parks we are going to fill them with just ice. By the time we need a drink some of the ice will be melted. Then we can continue to fill the bottles with our free ice water throughout the day.


If you have kids, I highly suggest bringing snacks- helps avoid melt downs in line and in between meals!

Now I want to hear about your best Disney tips, tricks and trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment