Subscribe Now: Money Dearest

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Setting Financial Goals



I think that it is easy to get overwhelmed by credit card debt. I think that if you do not sit down and list all of your bills and what you owe, it is easy to just trick yourself into thinking that you are doing better financially than you really are.

I totally understand that debt can just happen-believe me I understand! But I feel like until you sit down and have an exact number in front of you and say it out loud to yourself, or a family member or friend. You are not ready to make a change- and that change being to get rid of your debt.

I know that it is hard, and you wonder where is this money going to come from to pay the minimum balance, let alone the whole bill. But believe me, it is possible. That is why I started this blog, I wanted to show people that you can save a lot of money- with out a lot of effort, and certainly without changing your life style!

I think that writing down goals is a great way to hold yourself accountable for meeting your deadlines. It by no means has to just involve credit card debt.

You can set goals for:
Paying off debt
Savings account balances
Making big purchases-a TV, a car, a house, a vacuum!
Taking Classes
Living a healthier life

I am going to be making up a list of goals for myself in the next few days- just across the board goals that I plan on completing within the next 6 months. Please let me know if you have set any goals for yourself... having a little support helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment