Subscribe Now: Money Dearest

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cleaning out the Fridge/Freezer to make a list of what is on hand




( This is not my freezer!)

As you probably know I am just back from Disney World, and I am headed to Ireland in 18 days. So that means I will have missed out on 3 weeks of pay in a 7 week period-ouch! So I am trying to cut back on spending as much as possible in order to make up for as much of that loss as I can.


I think one of the very best ways to do that is by not going grocery shopping. How many of us have tons of food in the house that we never eat? I mean honestly why did I ever buy all of that tuna (even if it was free) I can only bring myself to eat it like twice a year.

I say this every single time before I go away- that I am going to eat what is on hand and not go grocery shopping. I try my best, but it is hard to do.

I have a selection of meats and veggies as well as a cabinet full of random products. So I am really going to try to make this work for the next 17 days. Even though I am out of milk already and I certainly do love milk.


I am going to let you know how it is going each day. Feel free to join along and save yourself some money as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment