Subscribe Now: Money Dearest

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Foodie Friday-Recipe (a day late)


I have no idea how I forgot to post this yesterday! But better late than never :)

So this is Pavlova, quite possibly my favorite dessert ever! It is really popular in Ireland and when I am there I make sure to get my fill of it, but when I am home I like to make it on occasion as well.

It is beyond simple to make, so delicious and a real crowd pleaser. Its impressive and would not be a bad idea to make this for guests some time!


Yep! Thats me in Ireland eating Pavlova!

Here is the recipe:

For the Meringue:
Preheat oven to 250degrees- yes 250!

6 Large Egg Whites
1 Cup of Sugar
1/2 teaspoon of real vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of cornstarch

In a blender mix the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then slowly add the sugar, the vanilla and the cornstarch until the egg whites are shiney and stiff peaks. Then put the meringue onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, making an oval shape about 12 inches long. Make sure the edges are higher than the center, because that is where the whipped cream and fruit will go. Then bake at 250degrees for 60-70minutes, turn off the oven, open the door slightly and let the meringue cool inside the oven.

For the whipped cream:
1 cup of whipping cream
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of real vanilla extract

Mix on high until there are soft peaks.

For the topping:
I enjoy just strawberries but a nice mixture of strawberries, kiwi, madarian oranges and small apple pieces also taste amazing.

Place the whipped cream and fruit in the middle of the meringue and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment